Sabbatical Update (Week 2)
June 18, 2021
Summary: (11 June 2021 to 17 June 2021) Finishing laying the foundation for chronicling my sabbatical, and still reading Trickster Makes This World.
This week I finished laying the foundation for chronicling my sabbatical. I finished some big updates for my website, published the sabbatical prologue, decided to do weekly updates, and subsequently published an update for week 1 retroactively, as well as the update you're reading right now of course. I continued reading Trickster Makes This World. We're still in Jeriocoacoara; we have 1 more week here.
I am starting to settle into the groove of a sabbatical schedule. My day usually looks like this:
- Wake up and make coffee
- Work on personal projects once the caffeine high hits
- Do some "daily habit" work (e.g. meditate, exercise)
- Do routine and common human stuff (e.g. cooking or laundry)
- Work a bit more on personal projects and daily habits
- Routine and common human stuff
- Rest at night (e.g. Gabi and I are currently enjoying RuPaul's Drag Race and nature documentaries)
Next week I am going to focus on studying Portuguese. I am currently in Brazil and Gabi is from here.